MoT only £49.00
At Massey’s we are qualified to undertake the testing of all cars and light commercial vehicles. We offer free re-testing in the event that any vehicle should fail and any repairs required can be arranged by us at minimum inconvenience to you.
- Please note any defects which in your opinion make the vehicle dangerous to drive
- Balance (wheels not locked)
- Front Imbalance
- Front / rear seat belts, seat security
- Rear fog tell tales, ABS warning light
- Switches (position lamp, headlamp)
- Indicator, hazard switches
- View to front, wipers & washers
- Brake pedal, servo operation
- Handbrake, steering wheel & column
- Front doors, mirrors, horn
- Vehicle structure
- Braking systems
- Exhaust system
- Fuel system
- Steering & suspension
- Power steering components
- Full emissions test carried out at idle and revs
- Brakes fully tested on brake rollers
CLASS IV OR VII VEHICLES
- Front / rear registration plate (class V N/A)
- Front lamps, including indicators
- Headlamps and headlamp aim
- Mirrors, front & rear shock absorbers
- Front / rear wheels, tyres
- Rear lights, rear fogs, number plate lamps
- Number plate, stop lamps
- Fuel tank cap
- Indicators, hazards
- Rear doors & boot lid
- Wiper blades
- General condition of the vehicle
UNDER VEHICLE INSPECTION
- Steering inc. power steering
- Drive shafts (if applicable)
- Front suspension, shock absorbers
- Front & rear wheel bearings
- Wheels and tyres
- Service brake control
- Mechanical brake components
- Parking brake system, exhaust system
- Fuel tank & fuel system
- Rear suspension inc. shock absorbers
- Structure, general vehicle condition
We can take a look under the hood
We offer a vast range of repairs and services at Massey’s on all makes of cars and light commercial vehicles. We have free courtesy cars available to ensure you are always on the move. Please advise us you require a free courtesy car when booking your vehicle in with us.
Some of the repairs and services we offer are:
- MOT’s while you wait or leave with us
- Small services
- Oil treatment services
- Full Services
- Schedule services to vehicles manufactures
- Suspension Components
- Diagnostics testing
- Diagnostics checks
- Electrical Testing
- Radio Fitting
- Diagnostics checks
- Steering Components
- Cam belts Replacement
- Head Gasket Replacement
- Brake Repairs/ servicing
- Tyres & Tracking
- Air Conditioning Servicing
- Tow bar Fitting
- Clutch Replacement
- Vehicle Recovery Service
- Vehicle Transportation Service
- Valeting Service
- Welding repairsAnd everything else you need to keep you and your vehicle on the move.
We take care for your vehicle
We offer a range of servicing on all makes of cars and light commercial vehicles. Free courtesy cars available, please advise us you require a courtesy car when booking your vehicle in with us.
At Masseys we offer a range of different services including:
First service Click here for information
Small Service (interim service) Click here for information
Full Service Click here for information
Major Service Click here for information
Service Scheduled to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
An Oil treatment service from £24.95 Click here for information
We are able to carry out repairs without affecting the warranty on your vehicle by fitting genuine parts and servicing to the manufacturers specifications and schedule. We work to a high standard and all our work is guaranteed. So you can have a piece of mind that if there is anything your not happy with it will be dealt with quickly with minimum inconvenience to you. Feel free to call in to reception for an estimate today.
Well-maintained tyres are crucial to your vehicle’s performance, and it is therefore vital to ensure they are in the best condition. Not only will this improve your driving experience, but it can also prove vital for your safety and that of all other road-users.
UK law requires the correct tyre size and type is fitted to all vehicles, and that tread depth does not decline to an unsafe level. Masseys Garage is pleased to fulfil all your needs as part of our aftersales commitment, avoiding costly fines or penalty points and ensuring your vehicle’s safety.
With strong ties to the industry, we’re able to supply a variety of tyres from leading manufacturers. Products with varying tread patterns and compounds are available to suit all road surfaces and weather conditions, allowing you to be fully prepared at all times.
When you bring your car or van to us, our expert technicians will work quickly to get you back on the road as soon as possible. We are also careful to dispose of old tyres in an environmentally responsible manner.
The aftersales team at Masseys Garage will be happy to provide further information on choosing the right tyre to suit your vehicle, style of driving, and the road conditions you typically encounter. They offer impartial and professional advice, and recommend the most suitable and cost-effective solution. We are authorised by Vauxhall to carry out extensive maintenance and repairs for customers, meaning that you can trust us to find the right tyre and fit it to the highest standard.
Contact us today for further information and guidance. For your convenience, you can book a tyre fitting online at a time that suits you. Alternatively, you can call us by phone or visit our dealership in person.
Since the car was invented it has been important that all four wheels point in the same direction!
Over time as the car and its components have evolved, so has the way cars steering and suspension set up or geometry is measured.
The modern car is built for comfort, performance and handling. In order to achieve and maintain the best ride possible, the steering and suspension needs to be measured and adjusted within the motor manufacturer’s specifications. This can only be done by measuring all four wheels and having a proper full four wheel alignment measurement.
If only the fronts are set straight, through having a Tracking, two-wheel alignment, or Toe & Go, and the rear wheels remain out of alignment (and not adjusted), your car could still suffer tyre wear, pulling and crooked steering wheel.
Exhaust Repair & Replacement
The ongoing drive for tightening vehicle emission controls are leading to more complex car exhaust systems as well as MOT failures.
In order to keep your vehicle running cleanly and efficiently it is sensible to check your car exhaust for damage or failure at least once a year or every 10,000 km, whichever comes first.
By simply visiting your nearest Masseys Garage, our experts can inspect your car exhaust system free of charge and identify any issues before they start to cost you money or inconvenience. We’ll advise you about any potential work that needs to be done or importantly if the system is all OK.
Our experts complete a visual inspection of the exhaust and it’s mounting to check for physical damage, leaking joints and corrosion as part of our Vehicle Health Check service.
At Masseys Garage, we offer a wide range of exhausts and emission system parts for cars, vans and 4×4 vehicles and also offer expert help when you need it.
We repair most minor cosmetic car bodywork dents and scratches and alloy wheel damage at our workshop in Holbeach and nearly always within a day. Our repairs are fully guaranteed for your ownership of the car and any workshop repairs include a free collection and delivery service.
We specialise in:
- Bumper Scuffs –Masseys Garage repair common
car parking damage from other cars, brick
walls, posts etc. Depending on the damage the areas are rubbed down, filled if necessary to remove all scratches, painted and re-lacquered to an as new appearance. We also repair non-painted plastic trim, bumpers and rubbing strips using our plastic repair process.
- Panel Paintwork Scratches – If you car has scratches on doors and wings, from damage or malicious key scratching we can repair this type of damage.
- With this type of work, the trickiest
aspects of matching and blending dark colours is losing the lacquer edge on the new repair but this need
- not be an issue with Masseys Garage blending technology. Also, thanks to Masseys Garage’s Aquaclear water based paint technology, silvers and light metallics are also no problem. A proximity to a curve or bodyline will assist to “lose the repair”. As a general rule, repairs are possible on all panels. In the vast majority of cases the repairs are invisible and are indistinguishable to the eye.
- Dents – These can be pulled if the dents are large or deep or have damaged a curve in the panel like a wheelarch, and are then filled and painted. Smaller dents may need just filling and then a paintwork repair.
- Stone Chips – We can touch in stone chip damage to any part of the car to provide a barrier to water and salt ingress which if left untreated can ultimately leading to rust and devaluing your second most valuable asset. Although usually not entirely invisible, in the vast majority of cases greatly improve the appearance of them. They serve to take your eye away from the damage and provide peace of mind that they are protected.
- Machine Polishing – We can restore faded, lacklustre or lightly scratched paintwork using machine polishing with specialist compounds and polishes. This can remove bush scratching and restore that new car shine
Re-Gas from £85 + VAT
134A (old style gas)
1234YF (new style gas)
Service & Repairs
|Checks||Small service||Full service||Major service|
|Drive in checks|
|Fit protective covers|
|Check service history|
|Check interior controls, heater, switches etc|
|Check operation of abs, srs lights, emg light|
|Check horn, wipers, washers,|
|Check air conditioning and odour|